- Ophthalmic plastic surgery
- Droopy eyelid (Ptosis)
- The Watering Eye Clinic
- Ectropion/ Entropion management
- Thyroid Eye Disease Clinic
- Trauma & Reconstructive surgeries
- Cosmetic Blepharoplasty
- Ocular Oncology
Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery is a relatively newer branch that encompasses Oculoplastics (disorders of the eyelids and tissues around the eyes), Orbital surgery (full range of disorders affecting the orbit including tumors, fractures, thyroid eye disease, etc), Facial aesthetics (science to improve your facial appearance), Dacryology (tear duct problems) and Socket reconstruction (blind eye cosmetic rehabilitation, mucous membrane grafts, etc).
- Ocular Oncology services are also offered under this speciality in in some centres including our centre.
- An Ophthalmic Plastic/Oculoplastic Surgeon is a surgeon who is an Ophthalmologist who has been specially trained in the plastic surgery of the face and periocular region and is an expert in the diagnosis and management of the range of subjects mentioned above.
We provide Diagnosis and Management options for the full spectrum of paediatric Oculoplastic disorders such as:
- Watering eye at any age
- Eyelid abnormalities
- Protrusion of eyeball
- Lacrimal sac infections
- Any congenital skin tags or lump
- Traumatic lid tear/canalicular tear
If you notice any of the above problems in your child, please consult an Ophthalmic Surgeon
- Ptosis is a condition in which the upper eyelid droops down due to various causes. In children, it usually occurs due to faulty development of the eyelid muscle that lifts the eyelid.
The following children underwent surgical correction for their droopy eyelids.
Procedures and surgeries performed include
- Probing and syringing for congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction
- Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR): Surgery with ‘hidden’ and small incisions
- Canalicular block assessment and repair
- Traumatic canalicular tear repair
- Treatment options for punctal problems
Diagnostic and therapeutic facilities for the watering eye in infants, children and adults
- Thyroid Eye Disease is a complex condition which requires regular and timely follow-up with an Oculoplasty consultant. The disease is treated depending on the phase-active or chronic.
- In the chronic phase the protrusion of the eyeball and the eyelid asymmetry can be addressed through orbital bony decompression and eyelid surgery.
- Eyelid tears
- Canalicular repair with stent
- Orbital wall fractures repair with silastic sheet
- Post trauma or post chemical injury eyelid malpositions can be party corrected or made cosmetically better corrected or made cosmetically better by scar excision, eyelid reconstruction with skin grafts.
- Aesthetic rehabilitation of blind eye/socket reconstruction
- Mucous membrane grafts for Steven Johnson syndrome/ Contracted socket
70 year male with a dermoidremoved through an upper lid ‘hidden’ incision
Upper and Lower eyelid blepharoplasty performed using Radiofrequency technology that ensures almost ‘bloodless’ surgery.
Skin tags can be removed with minimal or no pain using Radiofrequency technology.
Xanthelasma can be removed using Radiofrequency technology under local anesthesia.
Fillers and Botulinum toxin injections
Botulinum toxin & filler injections are used for cosmetic enhancement of the face and for treating Forehead lines, crow’s Forehead lines, crow’s feet, frown lines, bunny lines, mild brow height asymmetry, fine facial wrinkles, neck bands.
The varied flaws in the facial contours such as the tear trough contours such as the tear trough deformity can be filled in using fillers. The filler injections last for one year approximately while Botox effects last for 3 months in most patients.
Ocular Surface Squamous Neoplasia
Ocular Surface Squamous Neoplasia presents in various stages to the Ocular Oncologist. The tumor can be treated with topical/injectable medicines or surgically by removing the lesion.
Dr. Anuradha Ayyar Oculoplastic surgeon
- Dr. Anuradha Ayyar is a Consultant Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon. She is Fellowship trained in Oculoplasty, Orbital Surgery, Facial Aesthetics, Ocular Oncology and Dacryology from the esteemed L.V.Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. She completed her DNB in Ophthalmology from Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu.
- In her rigorous training in these prestigious institutes, she has acquired adequate clinical and surgical experience in handling a wide range of disorders of varying complexity
- She had the privilege to learn Facial Aesthetics and Oculofacial Surgery further in a short term fellowship at the Moran Eye Center in the University of Utah, Salt Lake City.
- She is a Fellow of the All India Collegium of Ophthalmology (FAICO) and of the International Council of Ophthalmology (FICO).
- She has published and presented papers at many international and national conferences and forums and continues to be active in academics and research.